Frequently Asked Questions on MCA Admission process & entrance exams like AIMCET & MAH-MCA-CET; which are conduted every year by different organizations.
- Can a student with low percentage in 10+2 apply for MCA entrance?
A person holding degree in any recognized university with minimum 55 % of marks can apply for MCA entrance test.
- I have missed MAH CET & AIMCET. Am I left with any other opportunity for MCA entrance exam?
Yes, there is another entrance exam conducted by Management Association of MCA Institutes (MAMI).
- Am I eligible for direct admission in MCA Second Year/ Lateral Entry?
Candidate should hold Indian Nationality and posses' basic qualification either in BCA, BCS or Bachelors in Science (IT/Computer).
- What are the different types of MCA courses available?
In Pune University, MCA course is conducted under Engineering, Management, Science & Commerce faculties. MCA course in Engineering & management faculties are under AICTE. MCA course in Science & Commerce is under UGC.
- I did not have Math at 10+2 level. Can I still apply for the entrance?
Even if you did not have Math at 10+2 level, you can still apply for the MCA entrance test. However, you must have had Maths at levels after 10+2. There are institutes who do not consider Maths a mandatory subject.
What career options are opened after MCA?
- Network Administrator
- Software Developer
- Systems Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Web designing specialist
- Software Tester
- Project Manager